Dreams

Wednesday, April 2, 2014



I was in elementary school when I wrote this little poem about dreams.

Yes...I still have it. I have a whole book of them.

It's nothing great and kind of funny to read ... amazing what a little brain can come up with.

I was definitely a dreamer back in the day. 100 percent dreamer.

Oh, to be a kid again and live with my nose in my books.

Dreams

The sand is so soft
The leaves are so green
I think God made the world
A place for dreams

Some dreams are nice
Some are okay
Some are just so terrible
You feel you have to get away

Dreams are what the world is made of
Millions in every mind
A world without dreams
Is not a world of mine

Dreaming is a common thing
It happens every day 
Every person has them
They don't just go away

Some dream during the day
Some dream at night
It doesn't matter where or when 
Dreaming is alright.

Dreams are for everyone,
Not a master of the mind.
Big and small,
They are for every kind. 

Dreams are a beautiful thing.
Without them I don't think I could bear
A life without dreams
Just isn't fair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs