Blueberry Lemon Muffins - Paleo style

Sunday, March 2, 2014


I've decided to try a new recipe from my paleo cookbooks once a week. 

This week's inspiration came from Diane Sanfilippo's Practical Paleo book.

I wanted something easy to start with.

I already had all the ingredients:

6 eggs
1/2 cup of coconut oil or butter (I used coconut oil)
 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of grade B maple syrup
1 lemon, juice and zest
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp. of sea salt
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1 cup of fresh blueberries (I used frozen)

Thus ... began my first experiment.


I whisked the first six "wet" ingredients together.

Then I added the next three dry ones.

Then I folded in the blueberries.

So ridiculously simple. 


When everything was folded together, I dropped the mix into a muffin tin ...

Baked them for 35 minutes at 350 degrees ...

And ... wa-la!


Not only do they look good ...

But they are absolutely delicious.


I have a feeling this is going to be a staple in my house from now on.

The real test will be when my husband gets home to try them!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs