Paleo vs. Clean Eating

Friday, March 14, 2014

This is a great visual I found from eMeals. I love it because I eat "both" ways. I am in the category of living a healthy lifestyle and I don't prefer clean eating over paleo, or vice versa. I tend to make many paleo meals because they are easy and tasty. But I also would never given up grains entirely. I rarely eat dairy, so that falls more to the paleo side of things. 

Paleo is pretty basic: meat, veggies, fruits, and good fats.

Clean eating is anything whole and natural and includes whole grains, beans, and dairy.

Neither allows processed foods or unrefined foods. Think periphery of the grocery store. Both eliminate added sugar or alcohol. Both include limited healthy fats, veggies, fruits, and lean meats.  

If you are looking to start eating and living a healthier lifestyle, it is "easier" to transition by eating clean first and then seeing if Paleo is a lifestyle choice that interests you.

For a more in-depth look at "clean eating" - check out this awesome blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs